Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Review : What Happened to Goodbye



What Happened to Goodbye
by Sarah Dessen
402 Pages
YA Novel
Published : May 10

Goodreads synopsis :
Since her parents' bitter divorce, McLean and her dad, a restaurant consultant, have been on the move-four towns in two years. Estranged from her mother and her mother's new family, McLean has followed her dad in leaving the unhappy past behind. And each new place gives her a chance to try out a new persona: from cheerleader to drama diva. But now, for the first time, McLean discovers a desire to stay in one place and just be herself, whoever that is. Perhaps Dave, the guy next door, can help her find out. 

Thoughts

As always, Sarah Dessen has wrote another fabulous book.  I have been anticipating this book ever since I read her previous novel, Along for the Ride.  Ever since then I have been captivated by her words and stories.  Every single one of her books have had amazing covers but, I do have to say that this one is my favorite.

McLean and Dave's relationship was what I liked best about this book.  At first McLean says that she doesn't want a relationship with him, but the she quickly falls in love with the smart and sweet guy that he is.  I also liked the relationship she has with her friends in the end.

Sarah Dessen has once again surprised me with her new book.  There is no other author I love more than her.  If you loved her previous novels, you will love this one.  Trust me.


No comments:

Post a Comment