Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Review : Going too Far

Going too Far
by Jennifer Echols
245 Pages
YA Novel
Published : March 17, 2009

Goodreads synopsis : 
HOW FAR WOULD YOU GO?

All Meg has ever wanted is to get away. Away from high school. Away from her backwater town. Away from her parents who seem determined to keep her imprisoned in their dead-end lives. But one crazy evening involving a dare and forbidden railroad tracks, she goes way too far...and almost doesn't make it back.

John made a choice to stay. To enforce the rules. To serve and protect. He has nothing but contempt for what he sees as childish rebellion, and he wants to teach Meg a lesson she won't soon forget. But Meg pushes him to the limit by questioning everything he learned at the police academy. And when he pushes back, demanding to know why she won't be tied down, they will drive each other to the edge -- and over....

Thoughts

What to say first? This book completely captured me with its brilliant text from the very beginning.  It was fantastic in every way that I can't even begin to tell you.  Jennifer Echols has a way with words that you are left wanting to read the entire book before you go to sleep.

It took every ounce of my strength to not finish it this morning at 4:00 a.m. and I was left wondering what would happen in the book while trying to sleep.  After reading this I am in desperate need for another one of her books.  It is just amazing enough that I want to erase it in my head and read it all over again without knowing what happens.  

This book made me want to become Megan and be her, even with all her faults.  This is what I look for in a book, a book that just makes me fall in love with it.  The characters were equally relate able to, Megan was afraid of her fears and what she did for that was run.  We might not run from our fears like she does but we do do something that is similar.  We try to escape like she does.

John also did something that we do all the time we try to hide our sadness in the things that we do.  We put on a fake smile and try to get by the day but in the end it, it will catch up to us.

I recommend this book to anyone who would ask  me.




No comments:

Post a Comment